I’m going to dedicate this post to everyone I’ve ever worked with at TWP & associated pharmacies as a small token of thanks for all the help and support they’ve given me over the last three years. Just wanted to share some of the wisdom that I’ve gained from them as a reminder to myself of how I got where I am and how I can keep moving onward and upward.
- Don’t be afraid to keep asking questions (provided that you’ve already done what you can to solve them yourself). It’s always better to ask and find out than not ask and keep wondering / give false information.
- Remember your processes. Do things methodically and in a consistent way and you won’t make mistakes with dispensing, etc.
- Don’t rush. You want to provide efficient service but nothing is more important than patient safety and wellbeing (and not making errors).
- Look out for your team mates. Try to have awareness of what’s going on in the pharmacy at all times so you can help people out when they need it.
- There’s always something to do. You should do what you can when you can to make things easier down the track (for yourself and others) – unexpected things will pop up all the time.
- Everyone’s human, including you. Don’t beat yourself up over a mistake. Learn from it, think about how to prevent it happening again, and move on.